The PFXi-880/F is the automatic alternative to the Visual Model F instrument and is ideal for anyone wanting to measure colour only according to the Lovibond® RYBN Colour Scale. The fundamental difference between the PFXi and the Model F is that the Model F is based on subjective, visual comparison methods (relying to a high degree on the judgment and skill of the operator and hence their perspective, feelings, beliefs and desires). The PFXi, however, relies on automatic, non-subjective measurements, completely unaffected by the judgment of the operator).
- Single Scale Spectrophotometer for Lovibond® RYBN (Red, Yellow, Blue, Neutral)
- Ideal for the Colour Measurement of Oils & Fats
- Direct Lovibond® colour readings with 51/4 " cells
- Full support for RCMSi (Remote Calibration and Maintenance via internet)
- Optional heated sample chamber for maintaining samples at high temperature
- USB & LAN interface
- Robust steel construction with excellent chemical resistance
- Easy maintenance with removable sample chamber
Furthermore, the Lovibond® instruments uniquely include a long sample chamber that house cells of up to a 6" path length, enabling the instrument to obtain direct Lovibond colour readings, without multiplying errors, with 5 1/4" cells.
The PFXi-880/F is available with an optional integrated heater unit (part number 1378807H).
This is a critical feature when dealing with materials such as oils whose temperature needs to be maintained at a constant temperature +10°C above the "Cloud Point" of the material.
Please note, users are not able to upgrade the PFXi-880/F with additional scales.